Wednesday, February 3, 2016

The View of the City

https://twitter.com/MAC_UH_BEE

In the above link is a photo of the city Sorrento. I am having a hard time posting it to here because all of my pictures are on my phone. This photo was taken fifteen minutes before sundown. A friend and I went on a quick hike so we catch a view. At the bottom of the mountain, there were steps leading up to an old church. What surprised me the most is that people live up on this mountain and have to walk down many flights of stairs before reaching the bottom. I thought that it must be pretty hard to go home at night when it gets dark. I chose this photo because it includes the buildings, the streets, and the coast. Sorrento is a fishing town, and I imagine many citizens own a boat. Located on the Gulf of Naples, it is easy to see why this town attracts so many tourists. It is only an hour away from Naples and no matter where you go Mt. Vesuvius is always in sight. I wonder if it will erupt again anytime soon, although I do not wish that. I plan to continue these hikes and exploring the villages in the hills. While there is plenty of life in the city of Sorrento, there is much more to be seen in the hills. We came across a villa that hosts weddings in the spring. We also thought that in the hills is where the wealthier people live. Exploring the city is like a child walking for the first time. I can't wait, till one day I can call myself an expert of the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment